The treatment of chronic prostatitis is a difficult problem even for modern medicine, often, even if all measures are taken, the chronic process cannot be completely eliminated. It is believed that reducing the intensity of the sign is already an effective result. It should be noted that the clinical picture of a tumor (cancer) of the prostate has a picture similar to that of chronic prostatitis. For differentiation, PSA was determined, its concentration being much higher in malignant neoplasms than in classical inflammatory processes.
The treatment of chronic prostatitis is a complex and lengthy procedure that does not always result in a complete cure.
Is there an effective treatment for a chronic disease, and can you get rid of it quickly? Such questions are almost always asked by the patient to the urologist at the reception counter, and if the first part can be answered in the affirmative, then it is unlikely to get rid of the problem "quickly". Treatment of prostatitis takes a long time, such as: your lifetime. Getting rid of chronic prostatitis altogether and making the prostate gland "new" is basically impossible. The only thing that can be done is to stop all the unpleasant symptoms and delay the onset of relapse, but only on the condition that the man himself will follow all the doctor’s prescriptions strictly.
Classic examples: medications, rectal massage and some other methods are prescribed, the addition of which is the normalization of lifestyle, the rejection of alcohol. As a rule, medication is taken, but with the rejection of alcoholic beverages, proper nutrition, the situation is much worse. And many men massage with hostility, considering it a shameful manipulation. As a result, the treatment prescribed by the doctor turned out to be ineffective because it did not comply with all the conditions of therapy and the chronic process went smoothly into impotence and other health problems.
It is important to remember that chronic prostatitis requires more in -depth attention than acute prostatitis. The course of therapy is multi -component; for specialists with many years of experience and with the development of modern medicine, the disease is not a problem.
In the exacerbation phase, the following methods are used:
- Antibiotic therapy.Drug selection determines the outcome of culture (infertility) or based on the assumption of the cause of the disease. For fever and severe pain, the drug is given intravenously. Important: the entire course must be completed by the last day, even if the patient's condition has improved the next day.
- Alpha blocker.Medication is needed to relieve symptoms by relaxing the bladder neck and muscle fibers where the prostate gland is close to the bladder.
- NSAIDs and painkillers- helps treat chronic prostatitis and has anti-inflammatory effects.
- Massage the rectum (direct).The recommended course is 10-12 procedures, performed professionally to help relieve symptoms and speed recovery.
This is the main method that is always used; It is also recommended to perform physiotherapy in addition to using electrical stimulation, laser therapy, electrophoresis.
What will happen if you don’t treat?
If the treatment of prostatitis is always neglected, then in very neglected cases it will cause many problems that will ruin a man’s life completely:
- Prostate abscess.
- Vesiculitis (inflammation of the seminal vesicles).
- Cysts, stones in the prostate.
- Prostate sclerosis.
- Impotence, infertility.
Each of these pathologies requires special attention, and the duration of treatment will be longer than with chronic prostatitis. In addition to physical illness, men experience psychoemotional instability, they become irritable, sullen, depressed.
Complete description of therapy
Currently, treatment regimens for prostatitis include the following methods and techniques:
- Effective treatment aims to eliminate infectious factors (drugs).
- Course of restoration of blood circulation in the small pelvis and prostate.
- Improves the body's immune status.
- Antispasmodic drugs.
- Pain reliever and anti-inflammatory.
- Booster medications and vitamin therapy.
- Local pain reliever.
- Physiotherapy and hormone therapy.
- Massage and take sedatives (sedatives).
- General methods (normalization of sleep, nutrition and rest).
- Spa treatments.
It should be emphasized that although the announced therapy is quite complete, on an individual basis only, the doctor may recommend the patient to use additional methods, including the use of folk remedies (herbal medicine). In addition, men whose lifestyle is "relatively slow" or associated with prolonged stay in uncomfortable positions that cause blood stasis in the pelvis and prostate (office workers, security guards, drivers), are advised to follow gymnastics to eliminate hypodynamia. This is an effective method to speed recovery from chronic prostatitis and prevent impotence.
Individually, doctors may recommend the use of folk remedies - herbal remedies.
The basis of medicine
Treatment of chronic prostatitis is incomplete without medication. Appointments should always be made by a doctor, the duration of admission is individual and should not be interrupted earlier than the end of therapy. Consider the medication used.
To restore blood circulation
To restore good blood circulation in the prostate gland, medications are prescribed to restore blood circulation. Ignoring these funds will not be possible completely and as briefly as possible to eliminate the inflammatory process.
In the form of chronic diseases, decreased immunity is common, therefore, one of the main tasks when choosing a course of therapy is to increase the body's resistance to any disease. Such drugs are prescribed according to immunograms: interferon, thymus preparations, synthetic immunomodulators.
These include drugs from several groups:
- 3rd generation cephalosporins.
It should be noted that antibiotic treatment for chronic prostatitis is long, the course is 4-8 weeks.
It is prescribed to normalize the work of smooth muscles in the urinary tract. The course of treatment is 4-8 weeks.
Any hormone medication is only prescribed by a doctor if needed, the funds help reduce the intensity of inflammatory processes in the glands.
Relax the muscles
Provides relaxation of stretched muscles, relieving pain and discomfort.
They are only used as an adjunctive treatment, but not as a substitute. Phytopreparations help eliminate edema from the glands, reduce pain syndrome, and put less stress on human organs.
In addition to long -term drug therapy, several methods are prescribed to alleviate the patient’s condition and prevent the occurrence of recurrent disease.
Physiotherapy methods are direct massage, microclycer with a drug solution, water bath, low -intensity laser radiation, electrical stimulation, magnetotherapy, acupuncture.
In particular, massage, which is disliked by men because of its superficial decency, is indicated for the treatment of chronic prostatitis in almost all cases. Massage allows you to clear the prostate duct, relieve congestion and inflammation as well as normalize the function of the sex glands. Massage is performed at home or in a medical institution 2-3 times a week.
The indication for the use of surgical methods is an acute condition that poses a threat to the life of a man.
Indications for surgical methods
With the full effectiveness of conservative treatment performed, surgical intervention, however, is not performed in all cases. Indications for the use of surgical methods are acute conditions that are a direct threat to a man's life:
- Urethral obstruction.With strong urethral narrowing and cessation of urine flow, immediate surgery is indicated. Often phimosis is added to the blockage, then foreskin circumcision is also performed.
- Drainage for the formation of prostate abscess.The large accumulation of pus in the gland poses a direct threat to the patient’s life (sepsis), so the surgeon’s job is to quickly extract and drain it.
- Semen vesicle recovery.It is necessary when they suffer severe damage due to inflammation. Surgery is performed to improve the secretory function of the prostate gland.
- Complete or partial disposal.It is needed for severe tissue hardening.
Often, men suffering from chronic prostatitis commit the same mistake: they use one method or drug as treatment, even if complex therapy is prescribed. There are many arguments, but as a result, the disease is incurable and appears at once with a new vigor. Therefore, it is important to remember: there is no method of treatment prescribed by a doctor that should be ignored, then the pathology will subside and the man will be able to live a full life.